HELPING OUR SENIORS IS COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING THE PRIVACY OF ALL VOLUNTEERS, SENIORS AND WEBSITE VISITORS. WE BELIEVE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY. THIS POLICY SETS OUT HOW WE WILL TREAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
In accordance with GDPR Helping Our Seniors protects your personal data in accordance with the law. The data and information shared on Helping Our Seniors is solely for volunteer and assistance purposes. YOUR DATA OR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL NEVER BE SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES.
1. Your personal data is secured on our servers. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless you violate the safety or well being of a senior or vulnerable person. Only if this happens will your details be passed to the relevant authorities.
2, What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
(b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any volunteer services you perform.
(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us e.g. your email address, phone number, address and other personal information;
d) the government ID of volunteers. This is solely to prevent disputes and is used in no other way but for the safety and security of the seniors.
(d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
(f) any other information that you choose to send to us.
3. Helping Our Seniors processes information about your visit using cookies to improve site performance and to facilitate social media sharing.. By continuing to browse our site, you agree to the use of these cookies. You can adjust your preferences in your browser's cookie settings.
4. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. You can request to have your ID and any data relating to you deleted at any time. Please email: email@example.com to request to have your volunteer account terminated.
6. Helping Our Seniors is a voluntary service. There is no financial gain for the volunteers or operators of the site. In the event the Covid-19 pandemic passes you will never be contacted by any 3rd Party and your details will be deleted from the system.